Once you have your Conversational Workflow ready and you are happy with how it looks, you can start using it in your Live Google Ads. The best way to do it is in a way that you can compare the results of your current Static Landing Page against TARS Conversational Landing Page. Like an A/B Split Test.
Fear Not. I am going to explain you in detail about how to set up this A/B Split Test.
- First select a Campaign in your Google Ads Account in which you want to use TARS. All the Ad Copies in this Campaign will use the TARS Conversational LP. I am selecting the campaign named Canada-Search (Check Screenshot)
2. Go to Drafts & experiments section in that Campaign and click on NEW DRAFT to create a Copy of that Campaign as a Draft. Name this Draft as TARS and Save.
3. This Draft is just the Copy of the Original Campaign Canada-Search, and you can see below all the Campaigns in the list. We are going to make all the changes in this draft, without affecting the Original Campaign.
4. Now in the Draft Campaign named TARS, we are going to change the Final Destination URL of all the Ads to your TARS Chatbot URL.
5. To do this, go to Ads & extensions section in your Draft Campaign named TARS. select all the Ads by clicking the checkbox at the top. (Check Screenshot)
6. Now click on Edit and click Change ads.
7. You will see an option to make changes in all of your Ad copies at once. Here you can change a specific thing in all the Ads, and rest will remain exactly the same (No change).
8. Now we will set the Final URL to the URL of your TARS Chatbot. You can get this URL from the Distribute section of your Chatbot page in TARS Dashboard. You can also use the Link of the Chatbot on your own Domain, if you are using the On-Domain Deployment feature.
9. Now click APPLY Button (Step 10 in Screenshot above) to save this change. Once it is saved, click on one of the Ad Copies below to see if it opens up your TARS Chatbot page.
10. Now all the required changes are done. We are ready to use this Draft Campaign. Just click on the APPLY button on top (Step 11 in Screenshot below).
11. This will open up a modal with 2 options. Apply changes you made in the Draft Campaign (TARS) to the orginal Campaign (Canada-Search) OR Run it as an Experiment, to see how it performs compared to your original Campaign.
12. Here you can select either option. If you are using TARS first time in your Google Ads Campaigns, I would recommend to run it as an Experiment. Once you select that, you need to name your Experiment. We will name this Experiment:
Static v/s TARS.
13. You can select the Date range for which you wan to run this experiment and the amount of traffic you want to direct towards this new Ad Copy with TARS Conversational Landing Page. I would recommend to run it for at least 1 Month and keep the split at 50% and Save the Experiment.
14. That's it. You are done. The Experiment is in place and it will start running from Start Date. If you refresh the page, you will see this Experiment (Static v/s TARS) in the list of Campaign Entries on the left.
15. You can also see this Draft Campaign and the Campaign Experiment under Drafts & experiments section of the Original Campaign (Canada-Search).
16. Although this experiment (Static v/s TARS) comes in as an entry in Campaign List. It is NOT a seperate Campaign. It is inherently associated with the Original Campaign (Canada-Search). In case I Pause the Original Campaign (Canada-Search), it will automatically pause this experiment as well.
Now we recommend to run this experiment for atleast 1 Month, to see any statistically significant impact. At the end of the experiment, you will be able to see the Performance Comparison in the Overview section of the Experiment (Static v/s TARS)
If you like what you see, you can click on the APPLY button on the right of your Experiment and choose to either Update your Original Campaign, with the new changes, OR Convert this Experiment into a separate New Campaign with the same budget as the Original Campaign. In this case, your Original Campaign will be paused.
That's it for Running A/B Test Split test in your Google Ads Dashboard.
One Last Important Thing
In order to be able to see the Impact of TARS Conversational Landing Pages, you would want to Track Conversions from your TARS Chatbot. In fact this is the most important thing and you don't want to skip this.
Check this Help Doc (with video) to setup Conversion Tracking in your TARS Chatbot: