Before using a WhatsApp Chatbot, you would need to create a WhatsApp Business API (WABA) Account. The process is very seamless and rather than going in the lengthy process of business verification etc. we will help you get a WABA account pretty easily.
Let us first understand the difference between WhatsApp Business and WhatsApp Business API:
WhatsApp Business Number: A WhatsApp business number helps your company get a number which is dedicated to your business. You can’t integrate it with other systems and it has the functionalities of a normal WhatsApp number (only other feature is setting working hours and setting an away message). You can have a WhatsApp Business Number by downloading the WhatsApp Business App from the App store and registering there with your phone number.
WhatsApp Business API (WABA) Account: This is mostly used by enterprises who want to run campaigns and support customers through automation on WhatsApp. With the WhatsApp Business API, you can create chatbots that can talk to your customers without human assistance.
You can read this blogpost for more info around WhatsApp Business Number vs API: https://hellotars.com/blog/whatsapp-business-number-vs-whatsapp-business-api/
To make WhatsApp chatbots using TARS, you need to have a WABA account. Getting a WABA account through us is very easy and you just need to provide some information about your business and the required profile.
Please fill out the form here to apply for WhatsApp Business API Account: Here is the form which has all the questions
Before we get started with the process, you need to ensure that you already have a Facebook Business Manager account to get your business verified. Also ensure that the below points are followed as well:
- Make sure it fits the WhatsApp display name guidelines and it matches the business branding of the given FB business manager ID: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/whatsapp/guides/display-name
- Facebook looks up the information behind the FB Business manager ID, the FB page and the business' website and the display name has to be matching the branding (name) of the business.
- We are dependent on Facebook’s decision when it comes to display names and their exact writing.
- Facebook checks the information behind the FB Business ID, which has to match the companies external branding (FB page, webpage, Instagram, LinkedIn…). Facebook rejects names which are not matching the branding of the business. Besides that the display name guidelines must be followed.
- The Display Name is NOT automatically displayed to users in WhatsApp. The number is automatically displayed instead. Only very few businesses which get promoted to an Official Business Account get a green checkmark next to their name and automatically shown the name instead of the number to their users.
Once you fill out the form and submit, it will take 14 - 15 days to get the approval done and register your business with WhatsApp APIs. Once the process is completed, you can configure your bot inside the builder so that it works on your WhatsApp business number. Here is an article that explains how to configure WhatsApp Chatbots inside Tars Chatbot Builder.